BACK TO TOP | YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING FROM ASTONMARTINFORUM.NET. CLICK FOR ASTON.CO

FORUM
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: winter storage

Arrow winter storage

How do i prevent rodents damaging my car over the winter periods when in store?

Welcome to the site! I personally haven't had to deal with the issue (firstly we don't need to store during winter...). They tend to like the insulation and wires I imagine. I have read that people have used mesh to try to seal up any locations where they could enter. However, that's a bit of a tough job. Is there any way to properly seal the garage?

Hi

It is a new garage but I suppose i could put mesh on the bottom of the doors

Also give the rodents something better to eat......like poison

Yes poison helps. However, I have read about dead rats from poison being found nudged up somewhere in a car. Owner notices something smelling odd some time later

An air rifle usually does the trick!!!!!!!!! hee hee.

If its a new garage you have you should not be having any issues with rodents entering it unless you leave the doors open alot?? or you live in an area which has alot of the furry creatures living close by to you?? If this is the case then i would be on the phone to your local authority to sort the problem out for good.

Regards, v12 volante man

Mouse damage

Hi

My worst fears were realised when showing the engine to a friend I found a field mouse had made a nest in the bonnet soundproofing and had chewed the silver covering off the wiring loom. The car still starts but is going in for a check and I fear the worst. Has anyone had this experience?

Oh no! Sorry to hear about this. The mouse obviously has good taste in homes, but at your expense. Hopefully the damage is not bad. No personal experience on my end..

That's one of the reasons I didn't buy a convertible. A friend of mine proudly started his SL pergoda Merc, drove it from his garage and put the roof up ONLY TO FIND A LARGE MOUSE HOLE IN IT!!! His dog now sleeps in the garage overnight!

I have a plate for sale. Perfect for an Aston. D8S XX I'm willing to take any offers over 9000.00

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast